Permanent Table Installation
The tube and wing nut required to install the rack tray are included with the MXA310 microphone. Refer to the MXA310 user guide for replacement part information.
Tip: This process assumes that both ends of the network cable are accessible. If the other end of the network cable is not accessible, before installing the tube and plugging in the microphone (step 2), you must guide the cable through the hardware components in the following order:
- Wing nut (see image for correct orientation)
- Bracket (under table)
- Tray (above table)
- Remove the 3 screws located in the center on the bottom of the microphone
- Plug a network cable into the microphone and guide it through the center exit path. When the cable is secured, guide it through the tube.
Note: If necessary, remove the retaining tabs to install thicker cable. Replace them after the cable is installed.
- Align the tube into the recessed area in the center of the microphone. Install the 3 screws (removed in step 1) to secure the tube.
- Drill a 143 mm (5 5/8 in.) hole through the table, and then place the tray into the hole.
- Guide the cable through the hole in the center of the tray. Then, place the tube through the hole in the table and gently press the microphone into the tray. Align the Shure logo on the microphone with the Shure logo on the tray. The four rubber feet on the bottom of the microphone fit into the four smaller holes in the tray.
- Place the bracket underneath the table, with the tube going through the hole. For thicker tables (≥ 55 mm), turn the bracket upside down for additional clearance.
Note: maximum table thickness = 73 mm (2.87 in).
- Guide the cable through the wing nut, and attach the wing nut onto the tube from underneath the table. Then, tighten the wing nut to secure the bracket against the table.
Optional: use the hole in the wing nut to insert a cable tie for cable management.