A900-PM-3/8IN Mounting Kit
Shure's A900-PM-3/8IN Mounting Kit includes parts to install MXA920 series microphones on 3/8-inch diameter threaded rod (rod not included). Install the threaded rod on the ceiling and then attach the microphone using the VESA bracket for a simple mounting solution.
A900-PM also available for installation on 1.5-inch diameter threaded NPT pole.
This accessory works with all MXA920 series microphones.
What's in the Box
- Mounting kit:
- VESA bracket and set screw
- Thumb screws (4)
- Allen key (M4)
- 3/8 in. adapter
- Jam nut
- Cable ties (8)
Attaching Microphones to 3/8 in. Threaded Rod
To get started, you will need:
- A900-PM-3/8IN kit
- 3/8 in. diameter threaded rod and hardware to attach to ceiling*
- Ethernet cable*
- Install the threaded rod on the ceiling according to manufacturer's instructions. Route the Ethernet cable down the side of the threaded rod.
- Thread the jam nut onto the threaded rod.
- Attach the 3/8 in. adapter to the VESA bracket. Thread the VESA bracket onto the threaded rod. Using a wrench, tighten the jam nut against the 3/8 in. adapter.
- Partially thread the thumb screws into the microphone.
- Lift the microphone and align the thumb screws with the holes in the VESA bracket. Tighten the thumb screws to secure the microphone to the VESA bracket.
Important: Before tightening, make sure that the thumb screws are properly seated in the VESA bracket.
When installing on short poles, it's easiest to check alignment from the side with the enclosed keyholes.
- Rotate the microphone to your preferred position. Tighten the VESA bracket's set screw with the Allen key to lock the position.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the microphone. Secure the Ethernet cable to the threaded rod with the cable ties.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- READ these instructions.
- KEEP these instructions.
- HEED all warnings.
- FOLLOW all instructions.
- DO NOT use this apparatus near water.
- CLEAN ONLY with dry cloth.
- DO NOT block any ventilation openings. Allow sufficient distances for adequate ventilation and install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- DO NOT install near any heat sources such as open flames, radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat. Do not place any open flame sources on the product.
- DO NOT defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wider blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- PROTECT the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- ONLY USE attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- USE only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- UNPLUG this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- REFER all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- DO NOT expose the apparatus to dripping and splashing. DO NOT put objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the apparatus.
- The MAINS plug or an appliance coupler shall remain readily operable.
- The airborne noise of the Apparatus does not exceed 70dB (A).
- Apparatus with CLASS I construction shall be connected to a MAINS socket outlet with a protective earthing connection.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
- Do not attempt to modify this product. Doing so could result in personal injury and/or product failure.
- Operate this product within its specified operating temperature range.
||This symbol indicates that dangerous voltage constituting a risk of electric shock is present within this unit.
||This symbol indicates that there are important operating and maintenance instructions in the literature accompanying this unit.