The Model R45 is a direct replacement cartridge for Shure UNIDYNE® III Series Microphones in the Model 545 Series and the Model PE54 Series.
Installing the Replacement Cartridge
To install the R45, proceed as follows:
- Holding the microphone in an upright vertical or near vertical position, grasp the cartridge case firmly and unscrew (turn counterclockwise) and remove the cartridge case-grille assembly from the microphone (see Figure 1).
Note:If the cartridge case-grille is firmly locked to the microphone case, use a leather strap wrench to loosen the cartridge case.
- Unsolder the leads from old cartridge terminals.
- Connect the leads to the new replacement cartridge. Note the leads colors and terminal coding as in Figure 1.
- Screw the new cartridge into the microphone case (turn clockwise) AFTER twisting in the opposite direction (counterclockwise) five turns to twist the leads.
- Tighten the new cartridge case-grille assembly securely to the microphone case using a leather strap wrench if necessary.