The Model R65 is a direct cartridge replacement for the Model 565 Series, the Model PE56 Series, and the Models 566, PE566, and PE50SP UNISPHERE® 1 Dynamic Microphones.
Installing the Replacement Cartridge
To install the R65, proceed as follows:
- Holding the microphone in an upright vertical or near vertical position, remove screen assembly. Grasp the cartridge case firmly and unscrew (turn counterclockwise) and remove the cartridge assembly from the microphone.
Note:If the cartridge case is firmly locked to the microphone case, use a leather strap wrench to loosen the cartridge case.
- Unsolder the leads from old cartridge terminals. Note the lead colors and cartridge terminal coding before unsoldering.
- Connect the leads to the new replacement cartridge observing same lead color and terminal coding as in original microphone.
- Screw the new cartridge into the microphone case (turn clockwise) AFTER twisting in the opposite direction (counterclockwise) five turns to twist the leads.
- Tighten the new cartridge case assembly securely to the microphone case using a leather strap wrench if necessary. Reassemble screen.