The Shure Model R96 is a direct replacement cartridge for the Shure Model 526T, 526T Series 2, and 550L Dynamic Base Station Microphones. When installed, the R96 will provide performance equal to that of the original cartridge.
Installation and Connections
To install the R96, proceed as follows:
- Remove the grille assembly by grasping it by the edges, twisting one-quarter turn counterclockwise, and pulling outward (see Figure 1).
- Remove the four No. 4 binding screws exposed by the removal of the grille, and remove the mounting ring held by the screws.
- Using a small screwdriver or other flat-bladed tool, carefully pry the cartridge up and out of the shield encircling the cartridge.
- Unsolder the RED and ORANGE leads from the cartridge.
- Solder the RED lead to one terminal and the ORANGE lead to the other terminal of the new cartridge (see Figure 2).
- Seat the new cartridge in the microphone shield.
- Replace the mounting ring and secure it with the screws previously removed.
- Replace the grille assembly and turn it one-quarter turn clockwise to lock.
This Shure product is guaranteed in normal use to be free from electrical and mechanical defects for a period of one year from date of purchase. Please retain proof of purchase date. This guarantee includes all parts and labor. This guarantee is in lieu of any and all other guarantees or warranties, express or implied, and there shall be no recovery for any consequential or incidental damages.
Carefully repack the unit and return it prepaid to the factory. If outside the United States, return the unit to your dealer or Authorized Shure Service Center for repair. The unit will be returned to you prepaid.