IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- READ these instructions.
- KEEP these instructions.
- HEED all warnings.
- FOLLOW all instructions.
- DO NOT use this apparatus near water.
- CLEAN ONLY with dry cloth.
- DO NOT block any ventilation openings. Allow sufficient distances for adequate ventilation and install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- DO NOT install near any heat sources such as open flames, radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat. Do not place any open flame sources on the product.
- DO NOT defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wider blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- PROTECT the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- ONLY USE attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- USE only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- UNPLUG this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- REFER all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- DO NOT expose the apparatus to dripping and splashing. DO NOT put objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the apparatus.
- The MAINS plug or an appliance coupler shall remain readily operable.
- The airborne noise of the Apparatus does not exceed 70dB (A).
- Apparatus with CLASS I construction shall be connected to a MAINS socket outlet with a protective earthing connection.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
- Do not attempt to modify this product. Doing so could result in personal injury and/or product failure.
- Operate this product within its specified operating temperature range.
||This symbol indicates that dangerous voltage constituting a risk of electric shock is present within this unit.
||This symbol indicates that there are important operating and maintenance instructions in the literature accompanying this unit.
WARNING: Voltages in this equipment are hazardous to life. No user-serviceable parts inside. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. The safety certifications do not apply when the operating voltage is changed from the factory setting.
Caution: Do not transport chargers with batteries inserted.
Warning: Do not charge batteries in enclosed spaces without proper ventilation.
Important Product Information
- Battery packs may explode or release toxic materials. Risk of fire or burns. Do not open, crush, modify, disassemble, heat above 140°F (60°C), or incinerate.
- Follow instructions from manufacturer
- Only use Shure charger to recharge Shure rechargeable batteries
- WARNING: Danger of explosion if battery incorrectly replaced. Replace only with same or equivalent type.
- Never put batteries in mouth. If swallowed, contact your physician or local poison control center
- Do not short circuit; may cause burns or catch fire
- Do not charge or use battery packs other than Shure rechargeable batteries
- Dispose of battery packs properly. Check with local vendor for proper disposal of used battery packs.
- Batteries (battery pack or batteries installed) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like
- Do not immerse the battery in liquid such as water, beverages, or other fluids.
- Do not attach or insert battery with polarity reversed.
- Keep away from small children.
- Do not use abnormal batteries.
- Pack the battery securely for transport.
- This equipment is intended to be used in professional audio applications.
- EMC conformance is based on the use of supplied and recommended cable types. The use of other cable types may degrade EMC performance.
- Use this battery charger only with the Shure charging modules and battery packs for which it is designed. Use with other than the specified modules and battery packs may increase the risk of fire or explosion.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by Shure Incorporated could void your authority to operate this equipment.
The SBC800 cradle charger holds eight SB900 batteries and is designed to fit into a rackmount drawer. It may be used in any appropriate location with adequate space and ventilation.
- Charge up to eight SB900 batteries
- Cable routing for better wire management
- LED icons for battery status
- SBC800 Charger
- PS60 Power Supply
SB900 batteries not included.
- Connect DC power cable to input jack on bottom of charger. Finger tighten lock nut for a secure connection.
- Route the cable along the desired channel and press into place to secure.
- Connect power cable to AC Adapter.
- Do not use pliers or any other tools to tighten lock nut. DC power cable must be attached before charger unit is installed.
- Do not plug in power supply unit until DC connection and charger are in place.
- After securing the charger, plug the power cable into a properly grounded outlet.
The SBC800 has no power switch. When plugged in, the charger is ready. The LEDs illuminate after batteries are inserted.
To charge, place batteries into the charging bays with slotted sides down. The LEDs illuminate to indicate battery status.
Charging Status LEDs
|Ready for Use
||Green and Red
||Charging (0- 90%)
||Battery cannot be charged*
* Battery might be too hot or too cold to take a charge.
Note: Store batteries in the charger or in a proper container. To protect terminals from shorting, DO NOT place batteries in a box or pocket with metal objects such as nails, screws, or keys.
50%=1 hour; 100%=3 hours
External Power Supply
15 V DC, 3.33 Amax.
40 mm x 189.5 mm x 181 mm (1.6 in. x 7.1.4 in. x 7.1in.), H x W x D
540 g( 19 oz.)
This product meets the Essential Requirements of all relevant European directives and is eligible for CE marking.
The CE Declaration of Conformity can be obtained from: www.shure.com/europe/compliance
Authorized European representative:
Shure Europe GmbH
75031 Eppingen, Germany
Phone: +49-7262-92 49 0